NIHR Methods Incubator - October 2021
There are a range of opportunities for economists (and other methodologists) to lead health and social care research projects.
As part of the NIHR methodology incubator, the economics workstream hosted a webinar, with a series of talks from funders and academics to inform and stimulate activity in this area.
The webinar covered three broad areas:
- Funding opportunities
- Personal reflections
- Demonstrating public involvement and impact.
Please find the video recordings of all the sessions from the October 2021 meeting below:
- Session 1. Introduction to the NIHR Methods Incubator and the NIHR Economics Group
- Session 2. A new hope for Economists
- Session 3. Applying to the Economic Social Research Council (ESRC) from both sides of the fence
- Session 4. Economists as Principle Investigators
- Session 5. Making an Impact with Economics research
- Session 6. Medical Research Council (MRC) Better methods for better research
Rosalind Roberts (Programme Manager, Medical Research Council)
- Session 7. NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
Dr Ianina Conte (Senior Programme Manager, NIHR Research for Patient Benefit Programme)
- Session 8. Public Involvement in Health Economics
- Session 9. Public Involvement in Modelling
Senior Programme Lead