1. Maximise Diversity and Inclusion - by identifying and developing an understanding of the values and needs of our Greater Manchester communities, especially those currently underserved in research and seldom heard
2. Develop Collaborative Approaches - across Greater Manchester amplifying the quality of public involvement and engagement conducted across our region by working together with, health and care organisations, research infrastructures, voluntary groups and universities, adopting a ‘One Greater Manchester’ approach
3. Develop Effective Co-Production Approaches – that are innovative and inclusive enabling the public voice to actively influence the research that we do and the methods that we use
4. Support Best Practice – embedding the six National Standards for Public Involvement across our involvement and engagement work and supporting training to ensure best practice
5. Evaluate How We Are Making a Positive Difference – capturing and sharing the learning of what works and what doesn’t work to support and influence improvements in our approach.