Key learnings from the session:
- Participatory methods are undervalued but can help to make things more engaging, it brings it to life not only for participants but for policy makers/ health and care service delivery planners.
- Co-Creating work with communities can really make a difference
- Experiential approaches enable individuals to immerse themselves and moves them in to a place where they can connect with something on a more human level
- Where topics are sensitive or in groups that may find it difficult to express their own view point, using characters and drama enables them to talk about topics in the 3rd person
- Using the power of photography, we can show the diversity of our communities and explore the question ‘what community means to me’.
- We were left asking how we can do more of this, we are all learning